Sunday, August 23, 2015

THE LOVELY BONES BY ALICE SEBOLD

The Lovely Bones
THE LOVELY BONES      BY ALICE SEBOLD


I LOVE THIS BOOK. ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
I haven't seen the movie when I read the book. I love this book< Immediately I felt what the main character Susie was thinking and feeling. I couldn't put the book down. I even got the audio book so I could hear Alice read it to me. After that, I watched the movie. The movie was good, but It didn't follow the book like I would have liked. It was ok, but the book was so much better.
Basically, you find out in the first few sentences of the book that Susie Salmon is 14 years old and is murdered. You find out very quickly who the murderer is. It is a neighbor that lives a few houses down. I didn't give anything away. As I said all of that information is revealed within the first few paragraphs.
Throughout the book, you learn what happened and realize that her murderer might get away with killing her. Are there more victims. You also at the same time feel what Susie feels and her parents friends and family. It becomes so real that I found myself searching on google to see if this was a real story. It could have happened. The author herself was a victim of rape. I think she realized some of what she may have experienced in this book. I hope she founds peace.
Does Susie finds peace?
Will her dad be able to convince the police that their neighbor killed his daughter? Does her murderer get away with it? Is justice ever done?
How does Susie's sister cope with always being in the shadow of her murdered sister?
Will Susie ever be able to enjoy her heaven and give up on her life on earth?
So many questions... All the answers are in this book. Do yourself a favor read this book. Even if you have watched the movie... Read this book you will see how many things are different in the book and why it is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment