Sunday, August 16, 2015

CLUTTER CONTROL USEFUL TIPS FOR GETTING RID OF THE MESS BY SUSAN WRIGHT



CLUTTER CONTROL! USEFUL TIPS FOR GETTING RID OF THE MESS 
                                          BY :   SUSAN WRIGHT                                                         

The title states it all. From the first few sentences of this book I could relate. For the first time, this book got me excited to get organized. My sister gave me this book and I have always wanted to be as organized as her. I thought it came naturally and I just missed that gene, but to my surprise this book helped her. Immediately I stopped what I was doing and started reading.
It is very helpful that at the end of each chapter the author gives you a quick numbered summery so you can use it as a go-to reference later if needed.
The only thing I disagree with is, the spouse cleaning part. Now, I am not saying that the spouse gets a free pass to help with cleaning, but , what the author suggests is to stop cleaning and make it known to your spouse why. I personally think that will cause too much conflict and will lead to an argument, bitterness and resentment. Like for me, that wouldn't work cause I would rather do it because I am a control freak. My husband is the main breadwinner. So I do not feel it is right to ask him to work all day 6 days a week come home and help me clean. If it was the other way around I personally would be .. UGH NO!!! But that is just me.

However, I love this advice . Here is an insert from the book from Chapter 5 on storage page 31
At some point, you'll find yourself surrounded by objects that have no clearly defined category & no relation to other miscellaneous objects. Don't simply store them in first handy space; it will defeat your purpose of organization. You will never remember where everything is.

This is so true I find myself doing this which causes me to give up organizing, I really enjoyed this book and I am glad that I got it.

If you are looking to organize your house then this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment